Saturday, November 1, 2014

WHERE IS THE DISTRICT LIABILITY COVERAGE FUND? WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE FUND? WHERE IS THE ACCOUNTING?



https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58nQYNsVgwwVm9taGFTN1RjOVE/view?usp=sharing

As we continue to investigate where the district gets coverage for all the fees and other expenses from litigation it boils down to a FUND.  You may ask what fund and why are we not hearing about this from the very people who do know what it is.

If you recall in previous posts we mentioned that some board members had indicated that the district had coverage for the appeal of the Palazzolo case and frankly made it seem for any suit.  We didn't think anything more because it seemed logical that insurance or a liability coverage seems normal to have in any business, etc.  So our citizens requested information on payouts from this fund or "thing" and we thought we had posted this but we will the response from the district.

It so happens that the district is Self-Insured, it is paying for everything in any litigation.  You can read what it has paid out in fees to the same attorneys who have been running the show and how there is no malpractice coverage of anything.  The agreement made with TASB is an inter-local agreement that just says they would use them as the agency to provide the services.

The other information we have been able to get is that the district at some point setup this self-insured fund because it is a way to save money when you can put money aside and invest the money for it to grow.  We have, correct us if we are wrong, not heard of this money ever being reported in the budget.  How much is this fund worth?  Who is taking care of it and what audits have been done to account for every penny spent?  Either the board knew, at least the long serving ones do, or they were not told as well.  So almost 5 years of Palazzolo and you do the math on the cost of just keeping it going and now the damages awarded.  We can't see even if there was coverage how it would keep paying and paying or would they say each time they appealed within the same case they would get another liability pay off.  As you can see it is very confusing and that is just the tactic used to keep the public from ever asking or even knowing what is going on.

This then brings us to the 40 million question or even the bond issue.  Why are the numbers suddenly not adding up?  Is there money flowing from one account to cover the FUND that we don't know about?  Hank Johnson resigns, central admin is a crazed ant pile that is panicking because they don't know who will be the new boss and what that person will do.

All we want to know is where is the money?  The district needs to fess up and tell the truth.  Too many lies and unknowns that do make us wonder what unethical things they are doing and getting away with.  Let's stop the traveling and get to work on what truly is impacting the district and our kids future.  So far all we see is selfishness on people using the district as ground for future endeavors.
More to come